The Auditioner becomes the auditionee (is there any such word?)



Friday, 4:30pm : I went off from the office early today. Not that I've settled everything and have no other work left to do, just that I'm of to Kelab Shah Alam to watch my top 10 contestants of Who Will Win Golden Stars singing practice for their showcase on 8th August at Karnival Beli-Belah Bkt Jalil. The show will start at 8:30pm. One of the contestant offer her previllege to use the club's karaoke lounge for their practice. Talking about true sportsmanship in competition, these folks are full of it. (thanks Kak Ani for your kind thoughts)

Not just sportsmanship, they are also talented. Do not underestimate old-timers people coz they really can sing. They know their vocal range, how to use vibrato, play with pitch and even use the falseto technique very well... It's safe to say that these folks are far better than most of the young contestants in all singing competition we have on Malaysian TV. (and I said most of them.. and not all of them).. It was nice to hear them sing and you feel good just watching them enjoying themselves.. the same feeling I had when I first auditioned them back in June.

Here's the story, today.. the contestants strikes back. They want me to sing with them and to show them I'm sporting enough to sing (and my ego that I auditioned them).. I sang..

First song.. Careless Whisper.. then Rindu bayangan and last song.. Eric Clapton's Change the World. By the end of the song I got theor claps and handshake. I guess I passed their test on me and accept the fact I'm able to audition them. (hahaha.. YES!!..I'm your auditioner!!.. *ego trip*)

Oh well, if you wanna see these folks in action, come to Karnical Beli-Belah at Bkt Jalil on 8th August (it's Sunday Night people!).. the show will start at 8:30pm.

Trust me. Old-timers can really hold their notes.. THEY CAN SING!!.

Comments