Back in the Mud Valley

Yes, I'm back in KL. The journey that took about 8 hours from JB to KL. And NO, it's not the heavy traffic that give the additional 5 hours to the normal 3 hours KL-JB route. Instead, I take my time and visit my uncles and aunties that I didn't manage to visit earlier.

My first stop right after I left the house is to my aunt's house in Bandar Baru Uda. The house is rather quiet this year. It's the first year Mak Normah and my cousin Ella celebrating Aidilfitri without my Uncle around. Pak Mahmor (refer to my July entry)passed away earlier in July. He was having heart problems and passed away in the ambulance while they were tranferring him from JB to Batu Pahat.

I then drove all the way to Segamat. The hometown of my mom. The place where the huge family of Tuan Hj Othman is proud to be. My first stop in Segamat was my friend's house in Kg Pauh. He's been waiting all day for me to arrive alright (sorry Epit, aku sengaja meleceh-leceh nak balik KL) Epit is my travel companion for this Raya Trip. We drove back together. Drop him at his parent's house as I continue my journey back to JB. Now, doing the opposite, I have to pick him up on my way back to KL. It's part of the deal.

As Epit join me, we then continue visiting my uncles in Segamat. As we start visiting the houses, it was already after Maghrib. We went to my uncle's house in Kg Gubah, where my only Pak Bakar and my cousin, Kak Ri was around and had a light dinner there. (Kak Ri insisted for us to have dinner first)

Then we went to visit another uncle of mine which is just a few blocks away after crossing my late grandfather's house. Pak Ali, Mak Milah with my cousin Kak Fizah and her childrens. It was a short visit there as the time is almost 10pm and we still have a long journey ahead.

Usually, the visit to all the relatives in Segamat will be done on third day of Hari Raya. Unfortunately for me, this year, I'm not able to join my parent and my brother's family in this annual Convoy as I had problems with my car. (Saja la tu.. nak merajuk time-time raya ni). To avoid feeling guilty and regrets later, I make a point that no matter what time it is, I'll definitely visit them on my way back to KL.

So, the journey was a smooth one. Not a single problem occur and I reach KL around 1 am.

With that, it's official that I'm back in KL and my Hari Raya entry will be up as soon as I got a few pictures uploaded. (Still need a few things to get that done)

END

p.s Hari Raya is always about family, about your loved ones, and about remembering who we are. Isn't it?

Comments