The Love, The Hope and The Reality

"I never knew I had a dream
Until that dream was you"


I'm exposed to all kinds of music since I was a kid. Introduced mostly by my large but close circle of my relatives. Most of my cousins are much older than me. It's from them that I learn to know about The Beatles, Queen, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, to the pop and new wave acts like Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Wham and Simply Red.



One of the band that got my attention is Bon Jovi. The first song that got me hooked with Bon Jovi is 'Living On A Prayer' and unlike some other bands that fades away the longer they are in the music business, this band still facinates me with their songs.

As I walk through their past works, I realise one fact about Bon Jovi. All songs are closely related to your normal everyday life. Their singles is all about the realities of life, about love and about hope.

As bad as the realities sound in most of their songs, they will always counter back with a few more songs of good love and and of hope. Simply said, no matter how bad the realities treat you, you should always hold on to your love and hope.

Just listen to a few of their singles from the past album such as 'These Days', 'I Believe', 'Living on A Prayer' to the latest few such as 'It's my life' and 'Everyday', you'll see that all these songs are much related to the 3 elements I mentioned above.

I guess Jon Bon Jovi and the rest of the members (Ritchie Sambora, Tico Torres and David Bryan) are pretty much down-to-earth people who can relate peoples' lives to thiers.

Maybe with that attitude got them together as band for more than 20 years, no matter how popular one member can be as individuals. Even with their own solo projects in hand, they are still together as a band.

Here's a good example of a great band. I wish to see more bands acting in such a way.. especially in Malaysia.

It has been an exhausting few weeks on personal matters to many of us isn't it? Just sit back and think of good things for once. Shall we? Enjoy the video.

"Goodbye to all those rainy nights.. They're gone
Goodbye, so long, I'm moving on"


HERE'S A TRIBUTE TO BON JOVI.

Comments