Minal Eid Wal Fa'izzin

It's always been a victory celebration. That's what Aidilfitri is all about. Celebrating the victory after a month of countering hunger and other desires. Achieving to do all that should makes us more humble than before.

After 12 hours of road trip, I'm now back in JB. You might wonder why it took 12 hours from KL to JB. Well, it has been like that for me for the past 3 or 4 years of Raya. I will always take my own sweet time to drive back to JB by using the kampung roads once I entered Johore. This time, the route would be through Tangkak, Segamat, Labis up till Yong Peng (coincidently, this is the road that lies beside the famous Gunung Ledang), before I hit back using PLUS highway.

What's great about going through this routes? Enjoying the late night breeze while watching each and every kampung house lit with colorful lights and surrounded by well-lit pelita. Things that you would not see everyday especially when you're living in big towns.

I guess this year's Raya is not a great one for me. I'm not eager or even prepared for Hari Raya this year. Don't ask me about my Raya mood. It's not even near to having one.

But, as I drove along the kampung roads, watching the well-lit houses, some with kids playing 'bunga api' around the compound. Some with a few cars arriving to the house, indicating that their children just arrived home from the big towns. It comes back to my senses what Hari Raya is all about.

It's not about new clothes. It's not about how much you can spend. It's not even about all the food you can have and eat. But, it's about spending quality time with all the people that matters to you. People who you consider as family. People who are significant to you life.

As for this, I would like to wish all of you EID AL-MUBARAK.. MINAL EID WAL FA'IZZIN. Thank you for being around in my life and being more than just another friend.

Those of you who knows me long before this blog. I'm honored to have friends like you.

Those of you who just got ot know me. It's also an honor to have additional people like you in my life. Hope we could get to know each other better.

Those of you who will be Celebrating Hari Raya in JB. You're invited to my home in Taman Tasek JB. The door is all open for all of you.

SELAMAT HARI RAYA everybody.. FORGIVE ME for all the things I've done to hurt any of you. It was unintentional...


AMIR from JOHOR BAHRU.

ADDITION

Here's a thought. This year's Aidilfitri would be a mark of history to some of us..

1. This would be the first Aidilfitri for a few of us with their new born baby.

2. This would be the first Aidilfitri for some away from the family.

3. This would be the last Aidilfitri for a few others as a bachelor.

Hope you'll remember this Aidilfitri as a mark of your history..

AMIR

Comments