APM 2005 : I'm proud of you guys!!

I was introduced to these guys back in May last year. Back then, they were still planning on recording thier own album. I, on the other hand was there just to watch them practice. (If you're wondering what the hell I'm doing in Singapore, I just finished shoot my last segment of a TV show for ntv7 back then..)

So, I listen to their the songs, thier musicianship and thier talents. Somehow, I have a feeling that this band could go far in the music scene, given the proper channel and direction.



We keep in touch since then. Discuss a few ideas along the way and later that year, they finally release their debut album 'Suara Dunia'.

That was in 2004.



One night in 2005, I got a message from one of the members, informing me that they were nominated as the finalist at the Anugerah Planet Muzik 2005 in 5 different categories. What makes it more exciting, because of that, they got to perform one of their song at the award ceremony.

So, that's where I've been last week. I was in Singapore. Preparing the band for their first Live TV performance. Watched by 25 million people across Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia. (people actually watch TVRI??.. really??)

And what do you know, the band bagged 3 awards that night, including Best New Duo or Group Artiste, which was the first time ever to be won by any Singaporean Band since the awards first started 5 years ago.

What can I say? I'm proud of you guys... and to Dimas, Eddy, Zu, Kief, Ard, Awi and Athif, (not to forget Shaliza and Nadirah) it is definitely an honor to work along with the band.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..I present to you, Bhumiband !!


This will not be the last time you'll hear about them. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

More pictures on my Fotopages site.

Comments