Anger Management in Session??



What?? It's already Tuesday? Time dies fly does it? Just like what happen to the 7th station that just celebrated their 7th anniversary on the 7th day of the 7th month.. only to know it is up for sale to another media house 7 days later.. (berapa banyak tujuh daa...??.. Hey, that can be a trivia question..)

Anyway, enjoy this new video from Rob Thomas. Those of you who knows me well would realise that despite of my overall passion to music, my inclination is more towards those with outstanding vocal delivery. (which in a sense, after watching AF concert for the first time last week, I don't see any logical reason on Mawi's high voting.. he sucks..sorry) Oh well, you people wouldn't care of my oppinion anyway, keep voting folks, at least we'll know some other people will get rich from it.

Back to the video, as interesting as it can be, and superb acting by Rob (ok, aku bias..vote la mawas..excuse me.. Mawi), this is just another case of how video storyboard did not tally with the story in the lyrics. Not unusual case though. Many video does not tally with their lyrics anyway. But, the interesting part of the story on the video was the 'running away' scene. MTV.com describe it as 'attack of the clone' elements (too much Star Wars, I assume). On the other hand, the 'terencat akal' of me, describe it as the fear from your own shadow.

People do have fears, people sometimes do face low self-esteem and people are also sometimes paranoid of their own past. Which got them trying to run away from it. Still, the best way to run away from those things are actually to acknowledge it and face it head on.

This is not the first video that says about the fear of your own shadow. M Nasir's Mentera Semerah Padi also desribe the same story. (ye ke, orang melayu buat dulu..nahh.. mana boleh..) But, that's the truth.

Somehow, the lyric facinates me first. You don't come across such angry lyric with good reasoning everyday. If only such lines are said clearly 5 years ago.. It will definitely exlain it well...

You're not the best thing that I knew
Never was never cared too much
For all this hanging around
It's just the same thing all the time
Never get what I want
Never get too close to the end of the line
You're just the same thing that I knew back before the time
When I was only for you

END

Comments