Ready....AIM... Fire!!


Now, did you watch AIM 2006? What do you think of this year's event?

Personally, I found this year's event way below standard and nothing to cheer about. It was kinda promising at the beginning with VE's performance, then later the interesting introduction by Afdlin Shauki and Bob Lokman, up to the duet performance of Siti Nurhaliza and Hazami (an old R&B cover.. interesting..) Suddenly, right after the commercial break, everything seems getting dull and works its way downward. Not even Jamal Abdillah and M Nasir's classic performance or Spider's energetic finale could save the event from being boring.

I was there at the event and end up spending most of my time at the green area with the others rather than enjoying it inside the hall.

I'm sure the organising team and the broadcaster have worked really hard for the show. I know they would do anything within their power to make it as exciting as it was back then. Somehow, this year is not happening.

Back then, we always believe that to see how 'happening' AIM would be, is to actually how 'happening' the situation in the music industry within that one year. And if that assumption is true, then with more gossip and products in the music business, with the conflicts between AIM and Meastro Records getting out of hand (actually, I see this one as more of personal war than professional..) and the low number of local album release in 2005, I'm not surprised if the event end up boring.

But, I am still surprised by the announcement of Best Hard Rock album, which was won by May through their Live at Planet Hollywood album. There's no way, any live performance album could have a better production quality than a studio album. Even more, when the live performance was done in a venue where it's almost impossible to maintain a good sound quality throughout the performance.

I don't have anything against May, but the result is too absurd.

END
p.s No photo of the event. It's too boring to even have a photo of it. Anyway, Happy 2nd Birthday to my cute niece, Hanan Insyirah (photo above), Congratulations to my niece (but she's just 1 year younger than me..) Ija, and to all, Happy Labour Day. :)

Comments