Biarkan Semuanya Indah..

(I should have put this entry weeks ago to congratulate him. Somehow, the entry stop halfway and never got the chance to finish it till today. As if waiting for the right day to get it done.)




A few weeks ago, paralysed and on a wheelchair, he received the 'Bintang Semangat Rimba Kelas Kedua' from the Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi at the National Scouts Association ceremony.



He was then interviewed by the press for his achievements. Utusan Malaysia wrote an article about him. Even The Star wrote an article about him(Click on the links for the news). He is the veteran scout on that ceremony.

He deserves it. He has been dedicated with his Scout Honor all his life. In fact, it is through him that I and my other brothers got the interest to be a boy Scout in Primary School. It is from his story that give me the spirit to work myself until I got myself to be a Patrol Leader and later a Troop Leader of my Primary School. Through him, I understand more about Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book and learn a few rope-knots. I got first hand demonstration on building a tent from him which later develop my interest to camping and outdoor recreation.



Yesterday, barely 3 weeks after the ceremony. At the age of 78, my uncle... Abu Bakar Mohamed passed away at his hometown in Segamat.

May Allah blessed his soul and his deeds with the greatest blessings such great person should get.

He will be in our prayers... Amiinn..

"Selama menyertai pasukan pengakap iaitu sejak tahun 1946 di Sekolah Tinggi Segamat, Johor, saya tidak pernah menyesal, sebaliknya berbangga menjadi ahli pasukan ini."
- Abu Bakar Mohamed (1928-2006)

END

Comments