If I know how...

I can't sleep last night. There's this song that played in my head all night. The more I try to sleep, the louder the song get in my head. It is as if the band stayed in my brains and last night was their jamming session.



OK, it already got me awake all night. Now I have to figure out what song is this. I know this is not an inspiration to write a new song. This is definitely a song I heard somewhere. But I could not recall which song it is. Familiar melody.. yet I unfamiliar title or even artiste.

After 30 minutes browsing around the net and my iTunes list, I finally found the song. OK, such simple yet effective melody, combined with the vocal expression make this song a mind haunting song. I have to admit it does haunts my mind now.

As I listen through the song, I wonder how would it anybody react when somebody close to you ask for help because they're in deep trouble, and you ignore the cries only to know it's a bit too late to do anything now since they're already 'dead'?

How would you feel when you ask for help, people ignored your request. The moment they want to help, you are already in really deep trouble?

How would you live your life knowing the fact that a friend called you up seeking for your friendship to ease the pain, and in return you cut that conversation short because you feel it's unnecessary to talk about.... Only to know, that person got stressed out, drive alone that night to deal with it and died over a car crash. Can you live with that?

In short, how would you live after a terrible way to say the last goodbye?

This is a song that successfully got me awake all night by The Fray. This is 'How To Save A Life' and this is their new video. I have to agree that this new video give a clearer meaning than the old one.

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life


END
p.s try think about this.. and then read the next entry. See if you can live your life knowing you could have save lives.. but you don't.

Comments