Nothing's Gonna Change My World

ARE YOU a Beatles fan? ARE YOU a fan of Bono? ARE YOU into musicals? ARE YOU a movie fan? (OK, I sound like my niece now..) This entry should interest you. Read on..



This year would be a year full for horror and sci-fi flicks. As a 'not-eager-and-skeptical' Malaysian Movie fan, I can easily list 8-9 local horror flicks that should be coming out soon. (well, either it is a horror movie or it's just another horror film making)

Wait!!.. I'm not going to touch on those horror movies. (I had enough of it already)

Here's a movie that could give you a different air to breath. A musical movie by Julie Taymor.

No, do not say musical is boring yet. How about a musical movie that sets to the backdrop of 1960's? (ya, aku tahu aku tak lahir lagi masa tu..) An original musical story that based solely on The Beatles legendary songs? How about if I say the frontman of U2, (yes, it's Bono) is in this movie? Would that excites you? (traslates : adakah anda teruja?)

Get ready for 'Across The Universe.' Coming to theaters (or pirate DVD if this movie didn't make it to Malaysian cinemas) this September.

If you think you had enough of those genres, if you think that the cinemas got nothing else to offer. If (maybe) you're frustrated with any of the horror flicks that end up below your expectation (like those movies directed by overrated Mamat) till it you classify it more into parody comic than horror itself, Don't worry.. Have a musical for a change.

Come on, you think musical is too soft? Think about Strictly Ballroom. Think about Moulin Rouge. It's harder to create a musical than a (konon-konon) macho movie..

NOW.. Think about Across The Universe.

Words are flying out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me


Go ahead, watch the trailer. You would love it.

END
p.s Living in denial is cool I guess, it's a way to make a living here and I need to learn how to do that.

Comments