Sometimes the clothes do not make the man..

People have been asking my opinion about this matter for quite sometime. I guess I should say something. We know that two bloggers has been sued by NST. We are concern about our rights to have the freedom of speech. We are also aware that, as much as freedom of speech is concerned, responsible blogging which, as much as possible follow the ethics of 'old-school' journalism (Modern journalism still need to verify it's ethics. Situation is different now..)

I'm not pointing to any specific party. I think it's time for all party to respect each others opinions, pointing out the facts without being too emotional and try to avoid being a bully.

If the 9MP suggest that it is important for Malaysians to produce contents that are meaningful and full of substance, then we must find a way to reach that goal. What can be better than having a freedom of speech and freedom to creativity as process to achieve this goal? Yes, once a while, check and balance are needed to avoid these freedoms from going off limits, but hey.. nobody's perfect right?

After all, all these happen because we care and we want to contribute in developing a better society than what we already are. In short, opinions stated because we care.

All we have to do now
Is take these lies and make them true somehow
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you
And you don't belong to me


Look for solutions.. don't impose ultimatums.

Until then, we are still far from reaching the freedom plateau.

Do I make sense to you in any way?

END
p.s Still, this is a personal opinion based on that little knowledge and intelligence that I have in me. Over-reacting is not necessary here. This is meant for intellectual discourse.. (search the dictionary if you still don't understand)

Comments