That's what I was trying to do..

I am never a fan of Bollywood movies. No offense, but I just can't get myself to appreciate the stories presented.



No doubt, the cinematography are great. The colors are exciting. The songs and dance are somewhat.. OK, that too I can't appreciate. (sakit telinga la vocal camtu..)

But I can't deny that Bollywood has influenced the world in some way or another. No matter how hard they try to be like the west, copying almost every single stories, tv shows and lifestyle, Bollywood will still be Bollywood. The traits are really thick in them that not even them can brushed that away.

The traits are so thick, it has accidentally creeps into Hollywood and American music videos. Just watch at Star Wars : Episode 2, where Anakin & Amidala running around the field as part of the love scene. Try watch Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends long version video.

And if you thought it stops there, watch this 'Bollywood-centric' video of Rascal Flatts's What Hurts The Most. You'll get the point.

The truth is, as much as I dislike Bollywood movies, I'm amazed how having having your Bollywood storytelling treatment create an impact to the western world.

For that I salute Bollywood.

END
p.s I guess if we just let those 'datin-datin fresh oren' movie treatment being a regular approach to our local storytelling style, maybe someday we'll see such treatment in Hollywood. NO?.. Why not? Fresh Oren satu...

Comments