1. The condition of being free of restraints.
2. Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.
a. Political independence.
b. Exemption from the arbitrary exercise of authority in the performance of a specific action; civil liberty: freedom of assembly.
4. Exemption from an unpleasant or onerous condition: freedom from want.
5. The capacity to exercise choice; free will: We have the freedom to do as we please all afternoon.
6. Ease or facility of movement: loose sports clothing, giving the wearer freedom.
7. Frankness or boldness; lack of modesty or reserve: the new freedom in movies and novels.
a. The right to unrestricted use; full access: was given the freedom of their research facilities.
b. The right of enjoying all of the privileges of membership or citizenship: the freedom of the city.
9. A right or the power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: “the seductive freedoms and excesses of the picaresque form” (John W. Aldridge)
These are some of the definition for the word FREEDOM mentioned in one of the online dictionaries.
We all love idea of freedom. The idea of living free from being dictated and controlled by another human being.
Yes, slavery is history. At least the old idea of slavery that is. But how many of us really sit back and dig deeper into the meaning of Freedom? How do we define freedom? If not for the generally accepted meaning of freedom, at least what does freedom means to you individually?
Do you have a total control over whatever events that happens in your life?
Do you have control over how your day would you want it to be every morning when you wake up?
Do you have a choice over what you want to do everyday?
Can you wake up on a Wednesday morning feeling happy and excited that you decided to just spend your time at home with your family and go to work right after lunch?
Do you really have control and choice in your present life?
Maybe it's time you think hard of the meaning of Freedom for you... again.
Have a wonderful day.
p.s You want it? There's a price you need to pay.. The question is 'how bad do you really want it?'
All we have to do now
Is take these lies and make them true somehow
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you
And you don't belong to me,