Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...

Attention all music appreciators!! Here's a trivia for you. What is the longest song title that you know?



OK, lets make it slightly easier. What would be the longest song title that you can remember?

The past week or so, I've been asking a few people on this question and get their feedback. Many would recall "Everything I do, I do it for you" by Bryan Adams as the longest song title they could remember.

I then search on the internet for the longest song title. The result was by a song written by Hoagy Carmichael in 1945 called "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin’ Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues". But after the song was awarded the Guiness World record for the longest song title, the composer later claimed that the song title ended with "Yank" and the rest was a joke. Immediately to me, that title does not count.

Here's one song that I consider, having the longest song title. At least to me, that's the longest song title that I know and heard the song...

The song called "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" by Pearl Jam. This is the video from their performance at the Bridge School Concert. An annual benefit concert for the disabled children in the US. (I hope we have more of such concert in Malaysia).

Enjoy the song and the video. If you know any other song that could beat this title for the longest song title. Do tell me. I want to know.

Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
me, you wouldnt recall, for I'm not my former
It's hard when you're stuck upon the shelf
I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate
Perhaps that's what no one wants to see


END
p.s As for the malay song title, the longest song title I could remember and verified by a few others would be an 80's song called "Sekuntum Bunga Sakura di Gurun Sahara" which I don't remember the band's name.

Comments